How is Hispanic Federation Helping?
To encourage innovative and visionary post-Hurricane Maria recovery work, Hispanic Federation has committed with our partner Fundación Banco Popular to fund collaborative, multi-sector teams led by Puerto Rican nonprofit organizations. The teams will compete for a total of $1,125,000 in funding for their original projects.
Who are we helping?
Three finalists were announced in October 2018 and each will receive $150,000 to pilot their idea over 6 months, at which point they will be re-evaluated for final prizes. The first-place team can win up to $600k, second-place $450k, and third-place $350k total.
These finalists will also receive customized mentoring and support for two years from local and global experts as they implement their ideas. An additional honorable mention prize of $100k was granted to one team for potential impact, and the five remaining semifinalists each received $25k in seed money.
WHERE DO WE LINK TO?
· FINALIST: Caras con Causa(Cataño, Guaynabo)
· FINALIST: Centro Microempresas y Tecnologías Agrícolas Sustentables CMTAS
· FINALIST: Universidad Interamericana Recinto de Barranquitas
· HONORABLE MENTION: Unidos por Utuado
· SEMIFINALIST: APRODEC
· SEMIFINALIST: Centro del Estudiante y Maestro Investigador (CEMI)
· SEMIFINALIST: Fundación Ismael Rivera
· SEMIFINALIST: Puerto Rico Historic Building Drawing Society
· SEMIFINALIST: Universidad de Puerto Rico, Recinto de Rio Piedras